It arrived today, I’ve been waiting just over a week and now it’s here!!!
Up until today I had always planned my meals for the week, then gone to the supermarket and bought the relevant ingredients for said meals. So check me out, throwing caution to the wind. Last week I ordered an Abel & Cole Fruit and Veg Box, I decided I would let them choose my fruit and veg for the week and I would learn to be a little more creative with my food and work with what I received After all, I’m sure trusty Google can find me a recipe for anything. Not only will this
hopefully improve my culinary skills but it will also improve our diet and intoruce J and I to a wider variety of fresh foods, other than our usual carrots, broccoli, cabbage and bananas! I ordered the ‘small fruit and veg box’ which seems to be the perfect size for just the two of us. This week we received: Fairtrade Bananas, Oranges, Conference Pears, Mushrooms, small January King Cabbage, Carrots, White Onions & Lady Balfour Potatoes.
I also received a FREE recipe book (worth £12.99, offer still available until 24th Dec 2012), The Abel & Cole Veg Box Companion. This book provides a recipe for every veg you can think of and some you’ve probably never even heard of… Kohlrabi? Black salsify? Chiramoya? No, me neither. It also give you tips on how best to store all your fruit and veg, what comes in which season and what kinds of flavours go well with each (something I definitely need to brush up on.)
An added little extra in this weeks box was also two mini mince pies, yum!
Other reasons I love my Abel & Cole Veg Box:
- I will also get my 4th box FREE! Yay, surely everyone loves free food!
- No need to wait in for delivery
- I have a regular supply of fruit to keep J happy snacking.
- It arrives same day every week with no need to
re-order each time.
- I don’t have to stand around the busy supermarket rifling through the produce to find what’s not bruised, damaged or near its end date, all that is done for me (*big smile*)
- The contents of the box varies from week to week, but always contains, fruit, veg and potatoes.
- I can earn free boxes by introducing friends!
- Most of the produce come loose in the box which I can return to my delivery driver to be reused and the rest of the packaging is also recyclable.
Looking forward to make a lovely Pear Upside-down cake with some of this weeks selection. I can’t wait to see what arrives next week!
Oh dear, I must be getting old, I’m far too excited by veg!